What You Should Do and Shouldn’t Do to Keep Your Dental Implants Healthy
posted: Feb. 27, 2020.
Modern dental implants are a great way to restore your lost teeth and your overall mouth functions. When you suffer from dental issues you can visit your South shore family dentistry in Michigan and restore your oral health with the best dental implants. The dental implants surgery is performed only by a certified and skilled dentist, who pragmatically performs the surgery to efficiently restore the missing teeth from the roots itself. Dental implants can also provide long-term value than other conventional teeth restoration options.
While dental implants are great replacement tooth roots, which provide a strong foundation for replacement teeth they can get damaged over time. Therefore, it is important to make sure that your dental implants are properly taken care of so that the replacement teeth remain strongly rooted and your mouth remains healthy and strong.
Here are some important things that you should and shouldn’t be doing so that your dental implants are the best preserved and maintained for a long time.
What you should do
- Brush and floss daily. Make sure every corner of the implants is flossed properly. If you find it hard flossing around the implant, consider using a water flosser.
- Increase your intake of calcium supplements or calcium-rich foods. This will help your bone around the implant to remain strong and protect your implants from premature failure.
- If you have newly gone through dental implants, make sure that you follow the instructions provided by your cosmetic dentist while you are recovering from the surgery. You will have to follow a soft diet and avoid chewing hard foods.
- Visit your dentist. Going for regular checkups is a great way to ensure that your implant is healthy. In case you want to switch to a new dentist, consider visiting South shore family dentistry in Michigan or Wyandotte. We will ensure your implants and overall oral health are well taken care of.
What you shouldn’t do
- You shouldn’t be smoking or chewing tobacco. If you have recently gone through painless dental implants, we highly recommend that you refrain from these habits. Tobacco will only be slowing the healing process.
- You shouldn’t be chewing hard items or grinding your teeth. If you have the habit of grinding your teeth at night, consider using a mouthguard.
- You shouldn’t be using a toothpaste that contains abrasive ingredients, such as baking soda, designed to whiten the teeth.
- With proper maintenance, your implants will last a long time. Make sure you follow these important points so that you have a healthy and strong set of teeth.
Our Family dentistry is available in Michigan and Wyandotte
If you want to know about the cost of dental implants in Michigan, feel free to contact us on (734) 675-0585 to schedule an appointment with our cosmetic dentist in Wyandotte or Michigan, wherever you prefer. We will be happy to help.