The Importance of Dental Implants
posted: Feb. 19, 2020.
Would you like to learn more about dental implants from your Trenton, MI, dentist
When it comes to looth loss, Drs. Mehul C. Patel and Heba Abuhussein help patients regain their confidence and oral functionality. Southshore Dental dentists provide dental implants, a dental appliance that replaces missing teeth and has a 95% success rate compared to other dental appliances—read on to learn what this restorative treatment can do for you
What's the importance of dental implants?
Dental implants solve an array of issues, not just your smile:
- They are permanently affixed, preventing them from slipping out of your mouth while you chew or speak.
- They replace missing teeth, and prevent bone deterioration and sinkage.
- They restore chewing and bite function, as well as speech.
- They restore a person's confidence and can last a lifetime if taken care of properly.
- They're used for other procedures and are biocompatible to avoid tissue rejection.
Dental implants are a great option but first, you must consult your Trenton dentist to make sure you're a good candidate. People with poor immune systems, low bone density, and poor oral hygiene are not ideal candidates. Fortunately, in these cases, our dentists can fix the issues with individual treatments.
The procedure is fairly simple. Your dentist numbs the surgical area and inserts the titanium post which needs 3-to-6 months to fuse to the rest of the bone. The surgical area is then reopened and a connector placed to anchor the post to a crown that matches the rest of your teeth. After this, you will be the proud owner of a permanent, beautiful smile.
Need dental care? Give us a call
Dental implants are not just a restorative procedure that can beautify your smile, but they are vital for providing your jawbone with the necessary strength. For more information on dental implants, call Southshore Dental in the Trenton, MI, at (734) 675-0585 today!