Missing Teeth Affect Your Whole Smile
posted: Jun. 23, 2020.
As many as 173 million American adults have one or more missing teeth. Missing teeth not only affect your smile, but they can also affect your self-confidence, especially if they are visible. Replacing lost teeth as soon as possible is the best way to improve your smile and your overall health. Luckily, dental implants provide a permanent solution to missing teeth and can resolve all your concerns about your smile. You can learn more about dental implants from Dr. Mehul Patel and Dr. Heba Abuhussein at Southshore Dental in Trenton MI. Dental Implants Trenton, MI is the way to go for a perfect smile!
Common Causes of Tooth Loss
Common causes of tooth loss include:
- Tooth decay
- Gum disease
What Are Dental Implants
A dental implant is comprised of three main parts:
- A titanium implant fixture
- An abutment
- A prosthetic tooth
Your Dental Implants Trenton, MI dentist will insert the titanium post into your jawbone. The bone will gradually grow around the implant, securing it in place. This provides a secure fixture for the abutment. The prosthetic tooth is then cemented in place for a bright and fully functional smile.
Are Dental Implants Right for Me?
Trenton dental patients who have one or more missing teeth are perfect candidates for dental implants. They can also help your smile in the following ways:
- Preventing jawbone erosion: Missing teeth can eventually lead to bone erosion. Having a dental implant fitted stimulates healthy bone growth.
- Improving facial structure: Implants prevent sagging lips and hollow cheeks when several teeth are missing.
- Increasing function: Dental implants make it easier to eat and speak.
- Improving overall health: Dental implants lower your risk of infection and gum disease.
Missing teeth don’t have to be a fact of life. If you live in Trenton MI and you would like to find out more about your options for dental implants, call Dr. Mehul Patel and Dr. Heba Abuhussein of Southshore Dental at 734-675-0585.